Monday, June 22, 2009

Father's Day: Epilogue

I experienced my very first Father's Day yesterday. I must say I rather liked it. It was a bit like having an extra birthday. Truly, how many holidays are there where, at least within the confines of your own family, the day is all about you and you alone? I am going to like getting used to this.

That being said, Janet and I took our father's out. We went to see a movie and then went to a steakhouse. While we all had a good time together, I think they both failed to realize that the day was really, in essence, about me.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

It's always about you, isn't it?
I like your pictures with your entries. Where do you find them, or do the they find you and inspire you to write. Just wondering.

Gleno said...

No, the writing comes first. And lately, determining what to write has been much more challenging. I feel compelled to write about the economy and politics, but that just makes me angry and then the writing breaks down into complaining, flaming, and swearing.

The pictures come subsequent to the article, a natural outflow of what I'm feeling or thinking. I'm glad you like them. :)