Monday, June 22, 2009

Rainy Day

It's a fabulous, windy, rainy day today. I love days like this. The only thing better would be to be in a tent somewhere in this weather. Since I was just a little kid, I've had an urge to be in a tent in the rain. My mom used to help me construct elaborate tent-tunnels in the yard using tarps, chairs, picnic tables, and anything else I could get my hands on. The final effect would be a long string of junk stretching out down the driveway that I could crawl around under while the rain came down.

Years later, as a teenager, my family would camp at Horseneck Beach. In the two weeks we spent in tents fifty yards from the surf, you could be guaranteed at least one good storm. There is nothing like the sound of a downpour and the crashing of heavy surf while you're taking a nap. It's a white noise extravaganza.

Oh, man, I get goosebumps just thinking about it. Mmmmm.... sleeeep.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You must have been an Indian in a previous life.