Monday, December 8, 2008

Here's One You Can Try at Home


Sometimes, when I'm bored, I'll try to turn my soul around inside my body.

It's a simple concept really. Everyone has a body, right? Well, inside of your body is your conscious self. You know you have it, you can't deny it. It's the thing that animates your body and gives it locomotion. The trick is to try to turn it around so it faces the other way.

Close your eyes. Close 'em.

OK, now --
Hey, I said close your eyes

OK, which way is front?

You can tell, can't you? You can't see which way you're facing, but you can still tell which way your front is even with your eyes closed. How?

Because your soul is lined up inside your body to face front. It's just naturally positioned that way so you can look forward through your eyes.

Now, close your eyes again. This time, try to turn your soul around so it's facing the other way inside your body. Try to turn your soul around to face the back of your head. Try it. Keep your eyes closed, otherwise you'll be distracted by your visual senses and you won't be able to focus on your consiousness. Obviously, it's not a natural position so it isn't easy. It takes some practice to get it right.

Just be careful you don't get stuck that way.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey, I think I'm fixed? Lets try this.... see what happens.

Anonymous said...

Wahoo! It works!