Monday, May 18, 2009

Feeling Groovy


I woke up this morning feeling really good. Maybe it was the effects of having smote the snooze bar for the 7th time. Maybe it was the effects of having, thereafter, turned off the alarm altogether and having slept another half hour. Maybe it was a planetary alignment thing, or perhaps sunspot activity. Whatever the reason, I awoke feeling vibrant and pain free.

It's an odd thing about pain that after you feel it for long enough you start to just ignore it. The giant purple and yellow bruise on my shoulder is still there from the line drive blast I took while pitching last Wednesday. The muscle I pulled in my side still hurts when I sneeze. My right ankle is still all crunchy from repeated sprains and dislocations suffered by myriad basketball games and too much rollerskating. But, oddly enough, I'm feeling no pain from anything. Even my lower back, which always seems to be tight and annoying from too much desk work, feels fine today. I was able to bend over easily to examine the cut I got on my left leg yesterday while hopping the picket fence. (Note to self: hop higher.)

I feel good. It's an unsual feeling; perhaps even a bit scary, but I think I could get used to it.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You're going numb. I'd report that to your doctor.